Friday, February 5, 2010

Best Ever Hot Cocoa


It's been cold lately, hasn't it? We had another cold front sweep through last weekend, and I am officially out of my favorite hot cocoa mix - Ghirardelli's Premium Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa mix. The only place I can ever find it is Bed Bath and Beyond during the holidays, and I totally forgot to buy some this year. I looked online, and it seems the only way to buy it is either really expensive or by the case, which is just intimidating. So, instead, I decided to make my own cocoa mix.

It was ridiculously easy, and darn, it tastes good. Does it taste better than the Ghirardelli? It just might! So if you need a quick warm-up, make up a batch. It makes a great gift, and it also makes a great treat for yourself!

Best-Ever Hot Cocoa Mix

3 cups nonfat dry milk
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt

Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Working in two batches, pulse ingredients in food processor until chocolate is finely ground. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To make the hot cocoa, stir 1/3 cup of this mix into 1 cup of hot milk. Top with whipped cream or mini marshmellows.

5 comments:

Mhel said...

Hi, saw ur blog on SITS. I love chocolates, its just like Chicken Soup, very comforting.... U

Mhel said...

Finally, someone on SITS with a food blog. Visit my site if you have time. Do u have a Foodbuzz account?

CommonDialog said...

Nice. I've been wanting to make up a bunch of hot chocolate mix to hand out as gifts. Though I am thinking about adding some cayenne for some extra kick.

And because no one expects it!

Kat @ www.TodaysCliche.com said...

Just loved this post... coming from SITS. Random, but are you going to Bloggy Boot Camp in Baltimore?

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Hi - I just discovered you at another blog. Love your description of yourself - totally becoming a follower.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails