Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fit Fusion: A tale of Husband exercising for the first time in a long time

There was a lot of squatting at Fit Fusion yesterday. Too much, if you ask Husband.

Husband is such a good sport. This week has been his "staycation" from work, and I've taken him to the Y with me twice so far. Once for my usual personal training session, and once yesterday for an aerobics class called Fit Fusion. It's basically a cardio and weights class, where you do a few minutes of intense cardio followed by intense weights, followed by intense cardio, and so on and so forth. It's a tough workout, it definitely kicks your butt, but it's one of the classes I really like because I feel like I get a really good workout from it.

As I was getting my gear, and his, for the class, I told the instructor that I'd brought my husband, and she seemed awfully impressed. I haven't been doing the classes at the Y for terribly long yet, but it seems that there aren't a ton of men who do them. I think I've seen 2. Maybe 3. Husband was the only dude in this class yesterday, but he didn't seem to mind, especially since we were in the back row (since I can't see without my glasses and I can't exercise with my glasses on, I purposely always go to the back row, because then I totally can't see myself in the mirror).

The instructor made a point to check in with him repeatedly, and he only really took one serious break, which I later learned was because he downed too much water at one point and started to cramp up a bit. Other than that, he was totally keeping up with the rest of us just fine. I was so proud of him!

After class, one of the other attendees came up to me and said her husband was home for the day and that she had invited him to come to class with her. He had told her that he would go run instead, which she doubted he would do. She was so impressed that Husband willingly came to class with me.

Husband tells me this morning that Fit Fusion broke him, that his legs are all frozen. I'm sure they are - we did a ton of squats and lunges yesterday! Hopefully, his legs will stretch out okay before our personal training session today!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

stopping by from SITS to say hi! that is awesome that you got your hubs to go to the class...I would love to see mine do something like that :) He did my workout video's with me once and refused to ever do them again! have a great day :)

kyooty said...

YAY! for having a supportive hubbie, it's totally great news. Mine is the one here doing all the work, and i'm slacking. oops!

Colleen said...

My husband will only go to one of the classes with me if there is another straight guy in the class! They are too funny!

Design It Chic said...

work that out you guys!
Aloha Friday!
stopping by from SITS!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I can't believe your husband went to your class with you...mine did an exercise video with me once and has never again!

Unknown said...

Happy VGNO!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails