Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Looking for a Good Read? My A+ Reads!

My dream home library - so not what my actual "library" looks like!

In case you haven't noticed, I have two hobbies: baking and reading. I've been good about sharing my baking adventures with you all lately, but not as super on the reading front, in part because I'm in the thick of reading a book that's taking me a long time: American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld. It's not that I don't like the book, it's just that I've only been reading at bedtime lately, and well, I keep falling asleep while reading. So my progress is quite slow at the moment, but hopefully with Husband travelling this week, I'll be compelled to read a little earlier in the evening.

In the meantime, I thought I would share with you my A+ Reads - books that will captivate you and hold your attention like no other, all marked with the official Type A Mommy seal of approval. I've read a ton of books in my lifetime (including over 200 in the second grade when we had a reading contest), but these are the ones that hold a special place in my heart and my bookshelf. Trust me, they're good.

Also, if I can manage to remember, I will continue to update this list as I continue to read more books.

Everyone Is Beautiful: A Novel by Katherine Center
How to Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Still Alice by Lisa Genova
The Ridiculous Race by Steve Hely and Vali Chandrasekaran
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure by William Goldman
Jemima J by Jane Green
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Escape by Carolyn Jessop
She's Come Undone (Oprah's Book Club) by Wally Lamb
Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons: A Novel by Lorna Landvik
Patty Jane's House of Curl by Lorna Landvik
Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
Black and Blue by Anna Quindlen
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
The Department of Lost & Found by Allison Winn-Scotch
Time of My Life by Allison Winn-Scotch

5 comments:

kyooty said...

I'll be waiting for the muffin recipe to put with my current book :)

Julie said...

Hey, thanks for the list! I've been looking for some new reads to keep me from rereading the Twilight series again until November. :o)

Stephanie said...

Oh fabulous idea!
Thanks for posting this:)

Dazediva said...

Hey, had to check out your blog after you stopped by mine and I'm so glad I got here !

I'm a total dessert person AND I love books :) I haven't read quite a few of the books above or maybe I just can't remember them .. so will definitely check them out

Thanks for all the yummy recipes too :)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I like Jodi Picoult also.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails