I didn't particularly enjoy "Dear John" - saw the trailer for the movie with a friend of mine when we saw "New Moon" last month, and thought I ought to read the book. It was okay, but it wasn't something I'd necessarily recommend reading.
I enjoyed "Push" but in a way that's kind of indescribable. I will never read it again, because it was a difficult read, due to all of the violence and abuse in the book, but at the same time, I'm glad I read it in a way because the growth of the main character was just astounding given her circumstances. I also went to see the movie with my best friend, and we bought cried our eyes out, it's one of the better fiction-to-film adaptations that I've seen in a while.
What I polished off this month:
1. The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper
2. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
3. Push by Sapphire
4. The Firm by John Grisham
What I want to read next month (and this is all subject to change if Santa saw fit to bring me any books for Christmas!):
1. Plan B by Jonathan Tropper
2. 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 - I started this recently and just haven't finished it, though I need to, as Baby's hitting the terrible two's early with a vengeance.
3. My Life in France by Julia Child
4. Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby