Wow, how did it get to be Friday already? Did that sneak up on anybody else this week? It's been a hairy week, with a last minute business trip for Husband to some ridiculously warm weather (until today's blustery, rainy day). Here are my top five moments from this week:
1. Baby's babbling - it's increased more and more this last week. It was something I used to worry immensely about (the lack of), but I worry less and less about it these days. It would be nice if he'd call me "mama" again rather than "dada," but he's mastered some new words this week, I think. "Hi," "Gamm" (for Grandma), "Doh-dee" (for doggy), and I think I even heard "mine" this week *yikes*.
2. Dinner out with some friends of ours Sunday night at Outback. Baby was on his best behavior, and even did some real coloring (though not for long).
3. Baby's new favorite game - laundry basket driver. I clip Dog's leash to an old laundry basket, insert Baby, and drag him around the house. He loves it.
4. Watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" (thank you Redbox) with Husband one night this week. Not the best movie in the world, but it was a fun way to spend an evening.
5. Finishing the new Jodi Picoult novel "Handle with Care" - super, super good book. I highly recommend it.
I'm really starting to understand why grandmothers and mothers of teenagers tell you to enjoy baby-motherhood while you can. It really does fly by. I can barely remember what life was like a year ago, when Baby was only a month old.