Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Type A Mommy's Meatloaf

Sorry, folks, but I was so hungry last night that I neglected to take a photo of my beautiful meatloaf before my friend and I devoured it. Whoops. Oh well. I'll be making it again next week, so hopefully, I'll remember to take one and I'll post it then.

So...everyone has a recipe for meatloaf, and every one of them seems different. This is the meatloaf that I grew up with, that my mother made, though I've tweaked it a little bit over the years to suit my taste a little better.

Type A Mommy's Meatloaf
Printer-friendly recipe

1- 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef (ground chuck is preferrable)
1 egg
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons Worshistire sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent
1 tablespoon dried onions

*** NOTE: Put your meatloaf together the night before you plan to eat it and refrigerate overnight. It tastes best this way.
1. Beat egg. Add ketchup, breadcrumbs, Worshistire sauce, salt, Accent, and onions. Mix well, and set aside for at least five minutes.
2. Add ground beef. Mix well with hands until mixture is fully combined.
3. Wet hands. Shape meatloaf with wet hands into a ball, deposit ball into casserole dish with cover. Cover meatloaf and refrigerate overnight.
4. Bake, covered, at 350 for 1 hour for a 1 lb ground beef meatloaf, 1 hour and 30 minutes for a 1 1/2 lb ground beef meatloaf. Let meatloaf sit, covered, in casserole dish for at least five minutes before serving.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Mmmm this sounds awesome!! I've only tried meatloaf once and I used BBQ sauce and brown sugar. I just may have to try this one!!

Elizabeth D. said...

Funny you should mention that - in the last few weeks, my mother tried a new meatloaf recipe that she says is an imitation of the meatloaf at Boston Market, which calls for BBQ sauce and brown sugar. Maybe we'll have to have a meatloaf recipe swap!!

Stephanie said...

I had no idea you should refrigerate overnight for better flavor. Thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails