Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Woo hoo! Anissa is hosting a recipe swap, and boy do I love recipes (obviously!). This week's swap is for Brownies. I'm a day late, but I'm still excited to look at the other recipes and to share mine. Mine is my mother's brownie recipe, one that she's baked as long as I can remember. My favorite part about these brownies is how easy they are to make.
Type A Mommy's Favorite Brownies
1/3 cup butter
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 square pan, set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In small bowl, put chocolate squares and butter, and stick in the microwave. Nuke for at least 1 minute, then take out and stir. You will probably need to nuke again, for around 30 seconds to 1 minute before the chocolate and butter truly melt together. Stir until smooth, set aside.
3. Grab another bowl, and mix flour, salt, and baking powder with a fork.
4. Once slightly cooled (no longer hot), add sugar and eggs to chocolate/butter mixture and mix. Add chocolate mixture to flour mixture and blend well.
5. Pour batter into pan and smooth around to fill pan evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
So yummy, and so easy.