Tuesday, November 24, 2009

French Silk Pie

This is a classic Thanksgiving recipe. We've been making this pie in my family for years, at least as long as I can remember. The main reason we do it is because I dislike pumpkin pie, so this is the pie for me to eat after Thanksgiving dinner. It's light and fluffy, yet chocolatey and yummy, all at the same time. It's quite easy to make, and, if you use a refrigerated pie crust, it's even easier. This is a pie you can make on Tuesday, set it in the fridge, and enjoy on Thanksgiving, which is one of the reasons I enjoy it so much. You could also make it on Wednesday, but I don't recommend making it Thanksgiving Day. It's much tastier if it's been in the fridge at least overnight.

French Silk Pie
1/2 cold butter
2 eggs
1 cup 10x sugar
2 squares melted unsweetened chocolate
8" pie crust
Fresh whipped cream

1. Melt your chocolate, in your microwave or over the stove. Pour your hot chocolate over the butter, and beat the chocolate mixture with the sugar and eggs at least five minutes.
2. Pour into crust and chill in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
3. Serve cold, with fresh whipped cream.

This is the last day of my Thanksgiving Survival Guide for this year. If you missed a day, here are some great recipes for you:

Infamous Pumpkin Pie
Gravy 101
Traditional Sage and Onion Stuffing
Cream Biscuits

And there's also my Thanksgiving Timeline, which will hopefully save you some time and sanity!

10 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

That sounds delicious and not too difficult. I may put it on my list to try out this year.

Stopping by from SITS. I like your blog, am now following and looking forward to reading more.

Anonymous said...

My husband loves French Silk pie. I think I'll try this as a surprise for him! :-)

Jamie Cooks It Up! said...

What a cute blog! You've got some great recipes here. Happy Thanksgiving!
Found you on sits.

mommakin said...

Oh, this sounds soooo yummy!

Carri said...

Umm yummy. I think I will try this recipe for Christmas as we dont do Thanksgiving at our house.

The Blonde Duck said...

I think this would be delicious after any dinner, not just Thanksgiving! Yum!

Quincifer said...

Oooh yum, I nice alternative to pumpkin!

Popped over from SITS.

The Mommyologist said...

Mmmm this sounds delish!

Jessica said...

Am new to the blogging world, came across your blog and love it! Am definitely now a follower!

Ladybird said...

I found this blog just in time. I am going to try a couple of your pie receipes, thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Ladybird
http://www.rainxrunway.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails