Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What's on My Nightstand: November


This was a good month for reading, I got through a lot of books, which made me super pleased. I can't remember the last time I polished off this many books in one month. I'm looking forward to several of the books in my to be read, but none more so than The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper.

Read this month:
1. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
2. Family Affair by Caprice Crane
3. Finger Lickin' Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
4. American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza by Peter Reinhart
5. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
6. The Deep End of the Ocean by Jacqueline Mitchard
7. The Wednesday Sisters by Meg Waite Clayton
8. Everybody Loves Pizza: The Deep Dish on America's Favorite Food by Penny Pollack


To be read:
1. The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper
2. Sleepwalking in Daylight by Elizabeth Flock
3. The Kids Are All Right by Diana, Liz, Amanda, and Dan Welch
4. How I Became a Famous Novelist by Steve Hely
5. Heaven to Betsy/Betsy in Spite of Herself by Maud Hart Lovelace
6. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking
7. The Bread Baker's Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread
8. Hello, Cupcake!: Irresistibly Playful Creations Anyone Can Make
9. The Bell Jar (P.S.) by Sylvia Plath

And if you're looking for some awesome holiday recipes to try out tomorrow, visit my Thanksgiving post from yesterday, with links to all of my holiday recipes.

5 comments:

Carri said...

I haven't read a book since I read the twilight series. I am not an avid-reader by any means but I do like certain authors, like Mitch Albom. I am trying to read the Tiem Travler's Wife but sdly cant get into it or keep up with it. It has been sitting on my nightstand quite some time now.

bekahcubed said...

Nice list--I like that you're including cookbooks. I always WANT to read cookbooks and try stuff from them, but I feel like I'm cheating by including them in my reading list. You've given me courage, maybe I'll include the cookbooks in the next round!

Enjoy your holidays!

Carrie said...

I love books. I only have one going on my nightstand at a time nowadays. Just finished the last book in the Twilight series and moving on to a non-fiction book about parenting. Trying to decide whether I should tackle the Baby Food book or the Baby Sleeping book! And after that I want to read something for my book club, which will be like dessert after the "required" reading.

Stopping by from SITS!

DebD said...

great list of books! I'm a bread maker and have 'Artesian Bread in 5 Min. a Day" great book. I learned my craft originally from "Laurel's Bread Book". I would like to read "American Pie" as I still haven't figured out how to make a decent pizza crust.

Happy Thanksgiving!

pixielation said...

I read one book by Jodie Picoult, and it tore me apart. It was a great book, but harrowing. So I picked up another one by her, read the first chapter, put it down and never went there again.

It's exhausting to read such emotional turmoil! The one I put down was called "The Pact" and it starts with the death of a teenager in what is a suicide pact, then backtracks to the events that lead up to this event.

I couldn't bear to read it, knowing that the outcome was going to be the same tragedy. Even on her site she says that she hears a lot of people put the novel down because the ages of their own children are too close.

Still, I hope it's not an issue I one day have to face with my girls!

You really have managed to read a great number of books this month though! I am quite envious! I plan to do some reading catchup over christmas!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails