Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thanksgiving is a-Knocking!

How did it get to be November already?

Thanksgiving is positively one of my favorite holidays, primarily because it has so much to do with cooking and baking (Christmas is my all-time favorite, thanks to Christmas cookies). My mother, being the Type A Mommy that she is, actually wrote a lengthy instruction guide for Thanksgiving dinner when my older sister first skipped coming home for Thanksgiving, so she could prepare her own authentic Thanksgiving in her new hometown, and I ultimately got that same guide many years later, when I also began starting my own family traditions for Thanksgiving.

These days, Mom comes to my house usually for Thanksgiving, and she still really loves to cook on Thanksgiving, so we spend a good bit of time together in the kitchen. I wanted to give you all a quick preview of what I'm going to be sharing with you this Thanksgiving to help you prepare the best Thanksgiving ever.

Later this month, I'm going to sharing a timeline and shopping list to help you get things together for Thanksgiving. I will be sharing many, many recipes leading up to Thanksgiving, including Authentic Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Icebox Pie, French Silk Pie, Homemade Bread Stuffing, as well as a Gravy 101 tutorial. In the meantime, I'm going to share with you my Thanksgiving Day Menu:

Thanksgiving Breakfast:
Pumpkin Pancakes

Thanksgiving Lunch:
Fend for yourselves! Or eat a pumpkin mini-loaf.

Thanksgiving Dinner:
Classic Thanksgiving Turkey
Homemade Bread Stuffing with Sage and Thyme
Mashed Potatoes
Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
Green Beans (but not green bean casserole, because Baby's not a fan)
Baking Powder Biscuits (because biscuits and gravy on Thanksgiving are a family tradition)
French Silk Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Icebox Pie

1 comments:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Just happened upon your blog... and when I read your profile, I thought, "Wait, I thought I only had *one* blog?" We might be cosmic twins... I too am type-A, touch of OCD, and my name is Elizabeth!!!

Beautiful blog!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails