Friday, November 13, 2009

IHOP Pancakes

I enjoy IHOP's pancakes a good bit. There's a reason why they are the International House of Pancakes. We don't eat at IHOP very often anymore, so when I spotted this recipe, I was really excited to give it a shot.

Holy moly, these were good. So good that my husband would've probably eaten every single one I made, if I'd let him. Seriously. These kick my usual buttermilk pancakes' butts. These pancakes were light, fluffy, and perfect. I just loved them. I tend to make a ton of pancakes when I make pancakes, though, so I have frozen pancakes for Baby for breakfast in the morning, so next time I make these, I will double the recipe, because it really does make just 8-10 pancakes.

Do yourself a favor. Make brinner for dinner tonight. Seriously. These pancakes will rock your world!

IHOP Pancakes

Printer-friendly recipe

Nonstick Spray
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 egg
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt

1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.

2. In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.

3. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.

4. When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown.

5. Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.

Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love IHOP! You commented right above me at sits today!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

If you can believe it, I have never been to IHOP! But these sound delish. I found your blog through SITS and am glad I did! Sarah

Dawn said...

Thanks for the recipe-I haven't been to IHOP in years!

Stopping by from SITS to say hi-have a great weekend!!

Eleanor said...

Hee hee how I laughed when I read you make too many to freeze...just tell me you ziploc sandwich bag them by portions and I will know we are truly soul mates!

http://fromabrookside.blogspot.com

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Wow...thanks for the recipe...i love IHOP!

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Popping in from SITS!

Oh, I love IHOP. This is definitely going to be a money saver for me. I'm going to try this recipe I may add some blueberries to it. That's how I eat my pancakes. Yum...

Stephanie said...

Just printed this one! THX

Unknown said...

Hi ModernMom,

Thank you for the delicious recipe! I used to go to IHOP with my family for their pancakes but we will now be making our own because the company has been exposed for food safety issues and animal cruelty in its supply chain. For more details, please check out: www.humanesociety.org/ihop.

I just wanted to let you know about this. Again, thank you for the recipe. I think I am going to add blueberries into the batter! =)

I appreciate your taking the time to read this.

Sincerely,

Emily J. Spivak

Anonymous said...

Ooh, IHOP!
I've only eaten there once...like 10 years ago! We don't have one in our region:(
I will definitely try the recipe...I just went through the ingredients and the only thing I'm missing is buttermilk. At least that's available in my area:)
I'm blog-hopping through the SITS rollcall and wishing you a Happy Saturday!!

Dumb Mom said...

We love brinner! Might have to try this for #1s birthday dinner. He loves pancakes. Thanks for sharing!

tinahead81 said...

oooh, so want to make these for breakfast today! no buttermilk though!!! i'll have to get some for tomorrow!! thanks for sharing!!

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

We like iHop too--any pancakes really! We used to go and get take out and then eat at a close by park on a nice summer day! It's one of our nice memories and I'm looking at a picture of us there doing that right now! Now I'm for for breakfast at Hometown Buffet, our newest Saturday tradition!

The Mommyologist said...

Mmmm! Gotta love anything from IHOP! Thanks for visiting my site the other day...I am a new blogger and really appreciate getting comments! Have an awesome weekend!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you, I will star this recipe and definately try them out.

Unknown said...

I hated pancakes as a kid. As an adult I love them. I found out what the problem was. My mom is a crappy cook lol.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing. You're super organized!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails