Holy moly, these were good. So good that my husband would've probably eaten every single one I made, if I'd let him. Seriously. These kick my usual buttermilk pancakes' butts. These pancakes were light, fluffy, and perfect. I just loved them. I tend to make a ton of pancakes when I make pancakes, though, so I have frozen pancakes for Baby for breakfast in the morning, so next time I make these, I will double the recipe, because it really does make just 8-10 pancakes.
Do yourself a favor. Make brinner for dinner tonight. Seriously. These pancakes will rock your world!
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 heaping teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup cooking oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Use a pan with a nonstick surface or apply a little nonstick spray.
2. In a blender or with a mixer, combine all of the remaining ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour the batter by spoonfuls into the hot pan, forming 5-inch circles.
4. When the edges appear to harden, flip the pancakes. They should be golden brown.
5. Cook pancakes on the other side for same amount of time, until golden brown.
Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.