Sunday, November 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for November 9th


In theory, we're going to have a cool down this week that might actually make it finally feel like fall. I sure hope so, because I'm planning to make French Onion Soup this week! French Onion Soup is one of my all-time favorite foods, has been for a long time. I think I first had it at a Bennigan's when I was in college, and I loved it. Several of my friends and I lived in an apartment complex across the street from a Bennigan's while I was in college, and we would constantly go there, for late night drinks, late night dinners, you name it. In fact, there was a Jameson whiskey-soaked steak there that I loved for a long time until they took it off the menu. I should hunt for a copycat of that recipe. I was really sad when Bennigan's shuttered its doors earlier this year - it was like a chapter of my past closing up for good. I guess I fared pretty well, though, given that Husband still hangs around and he was a big part of those Bennigan's dinners. He could slam back frozen mudslides there with the best of them.

Anyway, not too much excitement with this week's menu. I plan to start working on getting some of my Thanksgiving recipes up here very soon, so stay tuned. I also believe I might just have another book review for you this week. We've got three recipes this week that will be coming to you soon, and I'm way excited to share the steak with red wine sauce recipe, it looks delicious! Have a great week!

Wednesday - Spaghetti
Friday - French Onion Soup (recipe to be posted!)
Saturday - Honey Soy Grilled Pork Chops (recipe to be posted!)
Sunday - Pan-Seared Steak with Red Wine Sauce (recipe to be posted!)

1 comments:

melaniet42 said...

That meatloaf sounds delish! Makes sense about letting it sit refrigerated overnight to let the flavors soak in; but I like that idea even more because it totally saves time the night you're going to cook it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails