Monday, August 24, 2009

Martha's Honey-Soy Glazed Drumsticks

This was a ridiculously easy Martha recipe, but I think I might've gotten it officially from Everyday Food, which is where she usually posts her easier recipes. Silly me, I didn't type out where it came from at the bottom of the recipe, like I normally do. Oh well. I did at least type that Martha owned the recipe.

I love a good chicken drumstick, always have. Whenever my mom made fried chicken (bone-in), I always ate the drumsticks. Still do, actually, when I do it. Not sure why, but holding a drumstick is just kind of fun. Last night, we didn't hold any drumsticks, since we needed to cut up Baby's meat (and if we have something that looks different to him than what he has, sometimes chaos ensues). But it was still darn tasty. My only complaint was that my sauce ultimately burned, and I'm not too sure what I did wrong, but it makes sense to me, given how much honey is in the sauce and the high temp at which these drumsticks are roasted...

Martha's Honey-Soy Glazed Drumsticks
Printer-friendly recipe

1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup water
8 drumsticks
course salt and ground pepper

1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Line a shallow roasting pan or 9-by-13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, and 1/3 cup water. Add chicken, and toss to coat; season with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken and honey mixture to prepared roasting pan.
2.
Bake chicken, basting with juices from edges of pan every 10 minutes, until well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of drumstick (avoiding bone) registers 165 degrees, 30 to 40 minutes. Serve chicken drizzled with pan juices.

The verdict? Super quick and easy, and pretty darn tasty with some broccoli and garlic mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

these sound yummy!

Hi, stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!!

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Oooooohhh! Sound delicious! I think even I could make that!

Found you on SITS. Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails