Saturday, August 29, 2009
I'm only marginally late this month, at least it's still August!
It's been a busy reading month. I've enjoyed a lot of books this month, but my To Be Read pile seems to keep growing, as usual.
Polished off this month:
1. This is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Tropper
2. Escape by Carolyn Jessop
3. Shattered Dreams: My Life as a Polygamist's Wife by Irene Spencer
4. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons: A Novel by Lorna Landvik (a re-read of an old favorite)
5. Lost Boy by Brent Jeffs
Still to be read:
1. Under the Banner of Heaven: A Story of Violent Faith by Jon Krakauer - Just started this last night. I used to read a lot of true crime, so hopefully it won't be too disturbing for me (the girl who hates scary movies).
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - It's quite possible I'm the last person on the planet who hasn't read this. A friend loaned it to me and insisted I read it.
3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - I'm around page 50 and kind of stuck but people keep telling me it gets better. I hope so.
4. Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall - I know, another book about the FLDS. For whatever reason, I'm fascinated by those people and can't get enough of them.
5. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult - This will be a re-read, as I read it when it first came out. Our book club selected it, and it's been a while, so I need to refresh my memory.
Don't forget - you must tell me what you're reading! I just love book recommendations.