Thursday, August 6, 2009

Salsa Class #1: Wow that was hard!

Wow. Today, I went to my very first group exercise class, a salsa class. I went with two good friends of mine, which made me chill out a little bit. So did the gaggle of older ladies who showed up just before the class started. I figured if they could keep up with the instructor, so could I.

I've tried aerobic videos, and I have a tough time following the choreography sometimes. Especially if the choreography is really challenging or fast. I was worried that today would be really hard, as a result, especially because salsa is not exactly an easy dance to do.

I can't remember that last time I laughed this hard (wait, yes, I can, when I went to see "The Hangover"). Between my friends and I cracking up at some of the silly moves we were doing or at how ridiculously lost we were in the choreography, it turned out to be a ton of fun. It was definitely a serious workout - we were all dripping by the end of the seventy-five minute long class. I definitely felt silly trying to wiggle my hips and shake it and all that jazz (or salsa, as the case may be), but it was a ton of fun. The choreography started out easy and got harder as we went along, but I was able to keep up a lot better than I thought I would. The instructor came up to us after class and said she was really impressed with how well we did for our first class. Then she invited my friends to join her bellydancing class. Oh my!

I think this class is definitely going to make it into our regular rotation of exercise classes. So...if your gym offers a salsa class, you definitely ought to give it a shot. You might just surprise yourself!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh no, I am NOT good at any type of dance classes. I prefer the more athletic-style classes like toning or kickbozing. Good for you :)

Stephanie said...

LOL My problem with dance classes is that we always went out for drinks and mucnhies afterwards!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I've actually always wanted to try that but I think I might have to partake in a glass of bubbly beforehand to get up the nerve. Ah ha

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails