Friday, August 21, 2009
I haven't been participating in the Virtual Girls' Night Outs that Ann's been doing the last few Fridays, honestly, because I've got less naptime on my hands over here. Baby is officially taking one nap a day now, so I've lost an hour to an hour and a half of "mom time" and I'm still trying to figure out how to get everything done in a shorter period of time. But I've been wanting to participate! I've missed you guys!
This week, Ann's talking about vacation time. I haven't taken a vacation in a long time. I'm not entirely sure that I miss that, because I wouldn't want a vacation without my kiddo, and that would be a lot of work, surely. On the bright side, though, Husband is taking a week off very soon, and we'll get to have a bit of a stay-cation with lots of family time. Hopefully we won't drive each other batty.
The best part of him taking some vacation time is that hopefully I can have some vacation time, too, and get some things done, try some new recipes and handle some projects I've put off (like dealing with my closet!). And I have a feeling I'll wind up baking some super yummy donuts for breakfast here and there!
Ann's got a fun little game for VGNO...
"The Name Game"
Use the first letter of your name to answer the questions. Your answers need to be real places, names and things. Nothing made up :-> (You cannot use your name for #3 boy/girl "name" question.)
1. What is your name: Elizabeth
2. A 4 Letter Word: Eats
3. A Boys Name: Edgar
4. A Girls Name: Elyse
5. An Occupation: Elephant handler
6. A Color: Emerald
7. Something you wear: Earrings
8. A Beverage: Egg nog (ewww - here's an egg nog true story: as a kid, one Christmas, I woke up in the middle of the night to have a glass of milk, go to the fridge and there's already a glass poured, so I take a sip, and ewww! It's egg nog! I spit it all over the floor and had to clean it up)
9. A Food: Eggplant
10. Something found in the bathroom: Excedrin
11. A place: Edinburgh, Scotland
12. A Reason for being late: Earache (this is pathetic!)
13. Something you shout: Errr!