Monday, August 24, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for August 24th


I didn't do a super fantastic job sticking to my menu this past weekend - I was to make a new pork chop recipe on Saturday and fajitas on Sunday, but in reality, I made the fajitas on Saturday and a new Martha Stewart chicken recipe on Sunday. Oh well. I'll try to work the pork chop recipe into my menu in the next few weeks.

I was pleasantly surprised with yesterday's Martha recipe for honey-soy glazed chicken drumsticks. It was not only ridiculously easy, but it was quite tasty. So tasty that I didn't take a picture of it because we were too busy eating it. Especially Baby, which was a welcome change. He's in this phase now where he mostly rejects meat, although he ate all of the chicken I cut up for him last night, and a good bit of the steak I cut up for him on fajita night, as soon as Husband started dipping the steak in guacamole for him. I'll be posting both recipes later on today, so check back.

So here's this week's menu...

Monday - Waffles
Tuesday - Meatloaf
Wednesday - Spaghetti and garlic bread
Thursday - Easy BBQ Chicken Fajitas
Friday - Famous Homemade Pan Pizza
Saturday - Beef Stroganoff - a new recipe! (I've yet to find a stroganoff recipe as tasty as my mom used to make)
Sunday - Ribs on the Barbie - a new recipe!

What's on your menu this week? Don't forget to visit Org Junkie to find hundreds of different menus, many with recipes, to inspire you. Trust me, meal planning is worth the extra few minutes you spend on it a week - it saves me so much time!

2 comments:

The Dapper Darling said...

waffles...yum. I have always wanted to go to brooklyn and try some chicken & waffles.

mommakin said...

Headed to that link now - hope they can help someone with one vegetarian child, one picky eater, a momma who OUGHT to eat low fat and a pappa who NEEDS to eat low salt - menu planning is a serious challenge for me!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails