Don't these cookies look yummy?
One thing I love about chocolate chip cookies is how easy they are (or ought to be) to make. I love a good, easy recipe! This one's no different. Keep in mind, though, this recipe makes a million of them! Well, not a million actually, but a ton. I haven't made them all yet, but I'd guess it'll make at least 6 dozen, if not more.
adapted from Dine and Dish
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 12-oz bags of semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
3. Stir in the flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Stir in one bag of the chocolate chips.
5. Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoons, about 2-inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Place several of the reserved chocolate chips on top of each cookie (This step is not necessary…you can mix them all in, but the presentation of the cookie is better with this step in place).
7. Bake 9-12 minutes or until light brown. (I baked my small cookies for 8 minutes.)
8. Cool slightly.
9. Remove from cookie sheet, cool on wire rack.