Monday, August 10, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for August 10th


Wow, I'm actually writing up my menu on Monday! I'm so proud of myself! I know I've been so behind these last several weeks, and it's made me crazy, so I'm really valiantly trying to get back on track around here.

This wee,k is going to be a bit boring, on the meal front at least, with my husband out of town all week. I'll just be making a lot of old standbys, with one exception - my new crock pot meal for the week: chicken teriyaki. Here's hoping that it's awesome. Last week's brown sugar chicken was a total failure, but it was positively my fault. The recipe was written for a smaller crock pot than mine, and I didn't notice and try to increase the amount of liquid in the crock pot. Oh well. I'll try it again next week, when my husband's home again.

Monday - Scrambled eggs and bacon (since Baby isn't eating much in the way of meat, I figured I need to start working more eggs into his diet to make up for the protein he's missing from meat)
Tuesday - Spaghetti
Wednesday - Meatloaf
Thursday - Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki (stay tuned for the recipe!)
Friday - French Onion Soup (stay tuned for the recipe!)
Saturday - Famous Homemade Pizza
Sunday - Awesome Chicken Cutlets

I've borrowed a breadmaker from a good friend of mine, just to try out using one to see if I really would use one. It seems pretty easy, so I might just be tempted to get one of my own. We'll see how the bread turns out. Today I'm making easy, simple white bread. I'm looking forward to the smell of fresh bread in my house!

5 comments:

SnoWhite said...

your chicken cutlets look great!

and, be careful with the bread machine... you'll never want to go back to store-bought bread again.

kyooty said...

Saturday looks really good, I think I'll do the same that day.

Colleen said...

Mmmmm, fresh bread is such a great smell for a house - do they make it in a spray???

Elizabeth D. said...

You know, Colleen, you're right - I mean, they make a New Car Smell kind of room freshener, why don't they make a fresh bread smell one????

BusyMom said...

Thanks for stopping by. The 4-step chicken turned out pretty good. I prefer my spinach a little less done, so I would shorten that time and I will make sure to get my onions a little thinner next time so that they carmelize more.

Your menu sounds good. Might have to stop back for some of those recipes.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails