Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baking night

It's baking night! I didn't love the pound cake I made Friday night (though Husband did), so I'll be making what my family has always called Mardi Glade cake (named for the person who gave my mom the recipe many, many moons ago). Most cookbooks call it Texas Sheet Cake. It's a yummy chocolate cake with a candy-like icing, baked in a large, unusual size pan (stay tuned for the exact measurements when I post the recipe). I am actually going to try a different version of the recipe tonight, one from The America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book. I hope it will be as yummy or even better than my mom's recipe, but it does seem quite a bit different, so we'll see. I fully plan to take some pictures and post it tonight, because it's one of those cakes that you don't have to wait three hours for it to cool - you frost it while it's warm, and you eat it shortly thereafter, just after the frosting hardens. Mmm, I'm hungry just thinking about it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails