I like to think that I am a decent cook. I'm pretty sure I am. Today, though, I totally butchered something VERY simple. Carrots. I was just trying to cook some carrots for Baby to try, since we're trying more and more to get away from the jarred baby foods (though he is resisting a bit). He liked carrots a lot as a jarred food, but I know raw carrots are just too hard for a one-year-old, so I read the package of the package of organic baby carrots that I had bought, and I thought I read to just put them in the microwave, covered, for 5-7 minutes, until "desired doneness." I assumed that Baby would need them softer, so I grabbed a few carrots, covered them with some Press n Seal, and set the micro to 7 minutes. About 5 minutes later, something starts to smell, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is. Then, when the microwave dings to tell me it's done, I open the microwave door and am horrified by what I find. Crusty, black carrots. Yuck. I missed one very important portion of the directions - the carrots should be submerged in water.
I must also say, though, that I am sick (thank you Baby), so perhaps I can blame this little incident on my foggy brain. Yikes.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
6 hours ago