Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time for some time-honored list making...

Clearly, you've figured out that I am a Type A personality. I tend to be more focused on organization than the next person (though I can still make messes with the best of them!). And one of my favorite things to do is to make lists - grocery lists, to do list, project lists...I love them all!

Obviously, you've also figured out that I'm a writer. I love to write, have since I was a kid. I've got notebooks full of crazy stories and poems that I've written over the years, and now that I am blessed enough to stay home with Baby all day, I've decided that I need to start trying to make some money by writing. This blog is one of those ways. Not only do I get to share my crazy thoughts, but hopefully it will bring in a few bucks as I work to grow by blog. But, I also want to work on longer pieces of writing. Short stories, novellas, and maybe even novels. For whatever reason, I've decided I need a place for all this writing. Fortunately, we are a computer heavy family. Right now, we have two laptops (one for Husband and one for me), a computer in the living room (which now acts as our DVR), and a computer in our office that collects dust. It's my old computer, and I've decided it's time to revive it. It may need a little work - some RAM, a new install of Windows, that kind of thing, but it will be worth it. Husband bought a big (okay, big-ish - it's 32 inches, I think) LCD TV for the office a while back, so I can use that as a super big monitor, and sit on the couch in there to write. All I have to do now is put together a list of what has to happen in order for me to start doing this.

So here's what needs to happen:
1. Hook up old computer to LCD monitor.
2. Turn on old computer - does it start up? Does it need some RAM? What version of Windows is on it? Do we have another one I could put on it? Make sure it has a decent version of Word.
3. Find/purchase either a wicked long extension cord for the keyboard or a wireless keyboard. Must also find a wireless mouse.
4. Set a schedule - when do I write in there? I need to make sure, at the very least, to set an attainable goal so it becomes part of my usual routine.
5. Start using my new writing space!

UPDATE: Number one is complete! And number two is started...the computer does indeed start up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails