Thursday, March 26, 2009

So much for celebrating our anniversary

Boy, was I looking forward to dinner this evening. Husband and I decided to go to Maggiano's to celebrate our third wedding anniversary, and because we have Baby and because I won't go some place without him if he's awake (only after bedtime am I comfortable leaving him), we wound up being a threesome, and went to an early dinner. Husband even left work early just to make it to our anniversary dinner. Cue the "awwww." Well, anyway, I love Maggiano's, so I was excited. We don't eat out a ton with Baby, so I was curious to see how this would go. In a word: bad.

Our food was yummy. I wasn't worried about that. Our service on the other hand was absolutely not fine. We were continually ignored by our waitress, as though we weren't even there. She walked by us on numerous, numerous occassions and didn't even acknowledge us. I don't know if it was because of Baby - but she seemed to think he was adorable and funny - but I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, if a restaurant has high chairs, I have every right to bring my kiddo. I don't know that Baby was the problem, but I do know that I was very displeased with the service. It took over 30 minutes just to get our check. Ridiculous. We wound up leaving way later than I wanted to in order to rush home (in rush hour traffic, mind you), so I couldn't take a minute to tell the manager just how awful the service was, but I did get one of those surveys on the bill, so I diligently went online and gave them a piece of my mind. Phew. I hate poor service. It's so irritating, especially now, when eating out isn't an everyday occurence - you want your experience to be a good one, not one you go home and blog about grumpily. Yuck.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails