Sunday, March 29, 2009

Super-Duper Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's that time again, when my tummy is growling and wishing for something sweet (and yes, we're about to finish off the Husband Cake). I decided to make some chocolate chips cookies this evening. I received my Cook's Illustrated magazine in the mail yesterday, and it had a new chocolate chip cookie recipe in it, which I was really excited about. Only problem was it was a bit more involved than I was hoping for this evening, when I'm already behind on my laundry and tuckered out from a long day. So, I grabbed my favorite cookie recipe in the world, one that holds a special place in my heart, because it was a recipe I tweaked and created right after Baby joined the family. They are my Super-Duper Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Don't they look yummy??



Super-Duper Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printer-friendly recipe

1 c soft butter
1/2 c solid, soft Crisco (I use the sticks, they're easier to measure)
3/4 c sugar
1 3/4 packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 3/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips (I recommend Ghiradelli)
1 c milk chocolate chips (Hershey's are nice)
3 squares German Chocolate squares (Baker's is the brand I use), finely chopped
1 c Heath bar pieces (found in the baking aisle)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter and Crisco together at medium speed until creamy. Dump all sugars in and beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well with each addition.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt in a separate, small bowl. Gradually add to the butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in various chocolate chips and pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula. Finally, add Heath bar pieces and mix well.
4. Drop cookies onto parchment paper lined baking sheets, approx. 2 inches apart. Bake 9-12 minutes (depending on how firm and crunchy you like your cookies). Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then move to cooling rack to finish cooling.

These cookies are great for picnics and company, but I do recommend not baking the entire recipe at once, unless you plan to consume them very quickly. I usually bake two days' worth at a time, to keep the cookies as fresh as possible. I put the remaining dough in the fridge, and let it come to room temp before baking new sheets.

NOTE: Updated 11/4/09 with printable recipe link

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails