Monday, October 5, 2009

100 Followers Deserve Cookies...

If only I could figure out how to mail them...darn logistics!

Anyway, so on Friday, I received my 100th follower...and then my 101st...and 102nd! It was so exciting that I had to plan to bake to celebrate over the weekend. I'd been wanting to bake a new chocolate chip cookie recipe, so it was a good excuse. I even decided to include my munchkin in my baking today, although it turned out that he was less than interested. I guess sitting on the floor and stirring with Mommy was boring. Oh well.

He was very intrigued by stirring, but not really into helping

However, he did help me stir the butter and sugars together, and did a nice job. He also tasted the fruits of his (okay, mostly my) labor, which I am disappointed to report that he didn't exactly enjoy. He took about three bites of the cookie, two of which included chocolate chips, and I could tell the instant he tasted the chocolate chips. He made an awful face and then after two tastes of chocolate, he refused to eat any more cookie. I'm starting to wonder if he was switched at birth (I'm kidding!!!) Husband isn't a huge chocolate fan, so I guess this is just one of those things that the munchkin and I won't have in common. This was his very first exposure to chocolate, so it was an eventful day indeed.

This was a nice chocolate chip cookie - not as thick as I would have liked, especially given that Martha calls them her Soft and Chewy Cookie. But they had wonderful chocolate flavor in every bite, with a nice crisp crunch to the edges. I think I might try to add a little more flour the next time I bake these to encourage a thicker cookie. All in all, though, they were some very nice cookies to share with my munchkin.


Martha's Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
adapted from Martha Stewart's Cookies: The Very Best Treats to Bake and to Share (Martha Stewart Living Magazine)

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon coarse salt
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips, or a combination (about 12 ounces)

1. Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Add salt, vanilla, and eggs; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Mix in flour mixture. Sitr in chocolate chips.
2. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges turn golden but centers are still soft, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.

14 comments:

kyooty said...

yummy! Congratulations on the new followers!

Katie Lane said...

Congrats - I too was very happy when I reached 100 :) Those cookies look good, you can mail them to me - I'll give you my address!

Anonymous said...

aw congrats on your 100th follower!! mm..now I am going to be thinking about cookies all day!

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

Tanielle said...

Congrats!!! And yummo on the cookies!!!!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Congratulations on 100 followers. I am still waiting for my first one, lol.
Those cookies sound delicious. My kids are big cookie lovers.

Isn't baking with your little one so much fun? I love it. I actually bought my boys little chef/baker sets with little utensils and little chef hats.

Terra said...

I am happy to pay for postage! YUM. they look great!

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

mmm cookies, i need ot make some today!

AndreaLeigh said...

yummy cookies! i can't wait until I can bake with my boy.

ham1299 said...

Congrats on 100 followers! I'm jealous! ;-) Your blog is beautiful!

The Royal Family said...

i am so glad you like my bows. Your comment made me smile. I just posted two new giveaways if you want to enter (one is for a set of my bows)

The Buzz
Brandy

Holly Lefevre said...

Congrats on your 100th follower...looks like I will be 113.
Holly @ 504 Main

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Congratulations! Making cookies...does there need to be an excuse?

My son (4) doesn't like chocolate cookies (or biscuits as we call them in Oz) - Strange child!!

They looked yummy, would have spoiled by the time they got to me!!

MrsM said...

I'm following-those cookies look delish!

Chocolate Lover said...

those look great! visiting from SITS

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails