Monday, October 19, 2009

Friend Making Monday: The Joy Edition



Good morning and happy Monday to you all. Aefilkins is hosting another Friend Making Monday (sorry to those of you who are regulars, I forgot it was Monday last week!), and this time she's curious about the small things in life that bring a smile to your face. Want to make some new bloggy friends? Friend Making Monday is a great way to do it - visit Aefilkins to learn more.
So...the small things in life that make me happy?

This morning, a good cup of hot cocoa (because it's 48 degrees outside! And this is Florida!)



Knowing that I will be baking something chocolate-y this afternoon - heck, baking of any kind makes me happy


Spending time with my friends - inevitably there is tons of laughter!


Hearing my munchkin laugh or say "love you"


Reading a good book


Need a fall pick-me-up? Check out my pumpkin muffin recipe, it's a sure-fire hit!

17 comments:

Sneaker Teacher said...

Oh for the love of baking! My husband and I moved to Germany two months ago and I haven't baked since because we do not have a kitchen yet! I am SO excited for that first batch of cookies or whatever yummy treat I decide to bake.

Happy FMM!

Katie
www.sneakerteacher.blogspot.com

Kelli said...

I need to check out that recipe. I wish I loved to bake. I hope you warm up today with your cocoa! Happy Monday.

MadeInCanarias said...

I love reading too!

Cassie said...

I really want to curl up with some hot cocoa and a good book today! Maybe I'll have time :) Great list!

Danae Hudson said...

I love baking. So, so much :) What chocolate-y item are you making?

Happy FMM!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

You just gave my perfect day!

Amber Filkins said...

Oooh, all of those are great. I'm enjoying a good hot cup of tea.

I ♥ baking. And you may have inspired me to bake something today too. What are you baking??

Love laughing with friends.

And love the sweet voices of my girls.

Happy Monday!

Stephanie said...

Ha ha. You would never survive up here in Canada! My kids wouldstill be begging to wear t shirts!

Bitter Sweet Moments said...

Great List!! Happy FMM!!!

Bekkah said...

i LOVE baking! i wish i could enjoy some of your chocolate-y treats :]
happy FMM!

The Blonde Duck said...

You can never go wrong with pumpkin muffins!

shortmama said...

Yum baking and cooking are my faves too...yet I left them off my list!

Angela Tolsma said...

HAPPY FMM!! Great list! Hot Chocolate sounds so amazing right now!!

Katie Lane said...

Isn't this colder weather in Fl amazing?! I'm totally loving it :)

Beth P. said...

Hot chocolate is on my list! I love it. Baking is a good one, as is reading. Great list!! Happy FMM!

Heather said...

I love your list!! So fun! I'm following your blog and love reading! I love baking this time of year!

BSS said...

I love baking, too! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails