Friday, October 9, 2009

Brown Sugar Glazed Pork

This was a super easy meal to put together, but in hindsight, I think I would skip the Montreal steak seasoning in favor of some simple salt and pepper. Then again, I'm not normally a huge Montreal steak seasoning kind of person. I was pleasantly surprised as to how flavorful this recipe was. I especially liked the red wine pan sauce that this recipe makes to go along with the pork. I also think I'd try pork chops with this rather than pork medallions, just because it's easier to make the appropriate amount of meat for my family that way. I served this pork with mashed sweet potatoes and green beans, and it went over quite well. I will definitely be making this again!


Brown Sugar Glazed Pork
adapted from Publix Aprons Meals

Ingredients:
3 fresh garlic clove
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1/4 cup red wine


1. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into medium bowl. Use knife to remove garlic from bottom of press. Stir in brown sugar and steak seasoning until well blended.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2–3 minutes. Cut pork diagonally into about eight 1-inch-thick slices. Place pork slices in bowl and press into mixture. Turn and press again to lightly season both sides (wash hands).
3. Place 1 tablespoon of the butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork (wash hands); cook 5–6 minutes on each side or until well browned and internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
4. Remove pork from pan. Stir in wine and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; simmer 1 minute, stirring continually. Serve wine sauce with pork.

6 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm not sure how any meat could look so good just after 6 in the morning, but that does!

Have a great day, SITSta!

The Royal Family said...

this looks good!!!

This Mama Rocks said...

Yum Yum!! I love pork and those look so good.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest.

That pork tenderloin looks good. Myself I would leave the Montreal spice seasoning out as well. It has such a strong distinctive flavor.

Stop by and say Hi.

Flory said...

I don't cook pork often, because I can't think of too many different ways of cooking it. This recipe looks delicious!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails