Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday for October 12th


This year is quickly drawing to a close, it seems. How did it get to be the middle of October already? Is it ever going to feel like fall around here??? We had a brief cold front - or cool front, really - almost two weeks ago now, but since then, we've been back at summer-type temperatures here in Florida, so it's hard to get into making neat fall recipes with the weather so warm. For instance, I'd love to make French Onion Soup, but it's way too hot to appreciate it at the moment. It's funny, because this happens every year - I get impatient about fall in Florida, because it feels like it will never happen. I was watching the weather on the Today show the other day, and it seemed like every other state in the whole country had lovely, comfortable temperatures, but not Florida. This is precisely why I don't think I would mind living up north someday - says a girl who has pretty much lived in Florida her whole life and has never shoveled so much as an inch of snow, let alone driven in snow or ice. But anyway, I digress...

There are a whopping four new recipes on the schedule this week - wow! I'm really excited for all of them and can't wait to share with you how they all turn out. I've been working on my menu plans for the next few months (yes, I really write my menu plans that far in advance - it helps me grocery shop for items I will need when they're on sale, rather than when I need them, which helps us save money), and I must say, there are some pretty awesome new recipes I'm going to be trying out in the weeks to come!

Monday - Waffles
Tuesday - Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders (a new recipe to be posted!)
Wednesday - Spaghetti and Garlic Knots
Thursday - Mac and Cheese and Garlic-Cheddar Biscuits
Friday - Beef Stroganoff (a new recipe to be posted!)
Saturday - Chicken Lo Mein (a new recipe to be posted!)
Sunday - Barbecued Pork Chops (a new recipe to be posted!)

Don't forget to visit Org Junkie, if you're in need of menu-related inspiration!

3 comments:

jo@blog-diggidy said...

wow!! that sounds like a great week you've got planned!! yummmo!! i love breakfast for dinner!! (waffles) can't wait for the lo mein recipe!! i'll be back!! :)

Greta said...

I am stopping by via MPM. It looks like you have some great meals coming! I'm looking forward to your newest recipes :)

Cara said...

I live in Texas, so I can definitely relate to being impatient for fall weather. It's in the mid 80s here, but I'm serving fall food (like chili) this week, and cooking pumpkin things left and right. You've got a good looking menu this week, and I'll definitely be stopping back by for some of those recipes!! :) Have a great week.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails