Monday, October 26, 2009

Kitchen Confidential review



I borrowed this book from my best friend - I was snooping on her bookshelf and spotted it, which reminded me of the series that of the same name that was based on the book a few years ago on Fox. Bradley Cooper was in it, and it was a good show...but it didn't make it beyond the first season. I've picked this book up many, many times at Borders, so it seemed like a great book to borrow.

I thought I would adore this book. I can't say that I didn't enjoy it - I did enjoy parts of it. I wouldn't say I enjoyed the entire thing, and perhaps that's because for whatever reason it started to feel laborious to get through it. I really enjoyed the earlier half of the book, where Mr. Bourdain talks about how he became a chef, his first attempts to work in the restaurant business, and so forth. I think things just started to feel repetitive, as he switched from restaurant to restaurant over his career. I did enjoy when Mr. Bourdain talked about the types of tools that are necessary in a good chef's kitchen. I learned a bunch about knives, that's for sure.

I was really happy to put this book down once and for all. I've got a huge stack of books in my to-be-read pile, and hopefully they'll be much more worth my time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails