Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown


Well, I've finished it. I'm relieved to be done, that's for sure. This was a bit of a laborious read. And don't worry, there are no spoilers to be seen here!

Let me give you some background first. I read Angels and Demons, well after everyone and their brother started reading The Da Vinci Code. I loved Angels & Demons. It was suspenseful, it was fast-moving, it was well-written...so I had high expectations for The Da Vinci Code. I was totally let down by The Da Vinci Code. I wanted it to be wonderful, and it didn't live up to the high expectations I set for it. When I heard about The Lost Symbol, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it. I suppose I'm glad I did read it, because parts of the story were very interesting, but all in all, it felt kind of like something I didn't need to have read. It wasn't all-consuming, like Angels & Demons was for me some years ago.

This was an okay book, but definitely not something I will read again and not something I will recommend to others. If you're big on conspiracy theories and such, you'll enjoy it, but if you appreciate a well-written suspense novel, you will be disappointed with this one. I hope the next book I read will be better!

2 comments:

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Good morning! Stopping by via the featured blogger on SITS. You commented just above me.

Have a wonderful day and I hope your next read is a better one.

Stephanie said...

Yep, I think I shall skip this one!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails