Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Into Reading 2009


Have you ever visited Callapidder Days? It's a great blog, especially when it comes to book challenges and such! I'm joining one now, albeit a little late, for the fall. Here's a brief recap on how to participate in Fall into Reading 2009:

Make a list of books you want to read (or finish reading) this fall. Your list can be as long or as short as you’d like. (Also, feel free to modify your list during the challenge if it’s not working for you.)

- Write a blog post containing your list and submit it to this post using the Mr. Linky.
- Get reading! The challenge goes from today, September 22nd, through December 20th.
- Check out other participants’ lists and add to your own to-read-someday pile!
- Write a post about your challenge experience in December, telling us all about whether you reached your goals and how Fall Into Reading went for you. But remember: this is a low-pressure challenge that should be fun. As long as you do some reading this fall (and enjoy it!), that’s good enough for me.

So, here is my official list, we'll see how well I do between now and December 20th...

- A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- The Wednesday Letters by Meg Waite Clayton
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen (I'm joining in with the Jane Austen Project on this one!)
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown - done!
- The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain - done!
- Going Overboard by Sarah Smiley - done!

I've already started Owen Meany, so I'm on my way, and

I'm excited about visiting the other blogs that are involved to see what everyone else is reading. I love getting book recommendations, in fact Owen Meany is a book recommendation from my best friend, who was appalled to learn that I've never read anything by John Irving. I'm also excited to read my very first Jane Austen book in this challenge. I really want to see this challenge through, so wish me luck! And don't forget to keep passing on those book recommendations, I love hearing what other people are reading!

2 comments:

kyooty said...

How do you fit all that reading time in?

Angela Tolsma said...

great reading list. Thanks for posting about the jane austen project!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails