Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oven Fried Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard

I was pleasantly surprised at how crispy these little chicken fingers turned out to be. And totally shocked that even my swine flu addled munchkin ate every bite that was put in front of him. That was perhaps more because of the honey mustard, or "special sauce" as we call it. Either way, I was super excited to see him eat all of his chicken for once. Especially given the circumstances.

This was really easy to prepare. Quick, not too messy, and it tasted darn good. Next time, I will do two things differently - I will spray the wire rack with Pam and I will also sprinkle some Lawry's Seasoned Salt on the fingers instead of salt, to see if that adds a little bit more flavor. That was the only thing that was mildly lacking in this recipe. Otherwise, I would totally recommend this one hands down. Way better than any other oven fried chicken recipe I've seen!


Oven Fried Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard

For the chicken:
1-2 pounds chicken cutlets, pounded thin and cut into strips
2 egg, lightly beaten
2 cup panko
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp salt

For the honey mustard:
2/3 cup mayo
4 tbsp mustard
4 tbsp honey

1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Dig out a large baking sheet and a wire rack, just like what you would use to cool cookies or cupcakes on. Spray your wire rack with Pam or other nonstick spray to make cleanup easier. If you don't have a wire rack, just place the chicken directly on a baking sheet, but you will need to turn them halfway through baking.
2. Place the beaten egg on one plate (pie plates work great!) for breading, and the panko on another plate. For each chicken strip, dip it first in the egg and then in the panko, and place it on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Sprinkle the garlic powder and salt across the chicken fingers.
3. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, and then increase heat to 450 and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until browned nicely. Serve hot, with honey mustard on the side.
4. To make the honey mustard, whisk together the mayo, mustard, and honey and serve immediately, or chill until ready to use.

4 comments:

Eleanor said...

Kind of excited to have found another Type A mom!
I too have a Martha complex...
Check out my blog:
http://fromabrookside.blogspot.com

Mommy of Many said...

sounds delicious, I may try this for dinner

A Fist Full of Dandelions said...

Yum. This looks easy to make!

Live.Love.Eat said...

Love Panko!!!!! And honey mustard with my chicken fingers!!!

Thanks SO much for sharing in my SITS day last week!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails