Tuesday, October 6, 2009

BBQ Chicken on Garlic Toast

I was impressed with this super easy recipe from Everyday Food. It was ridiculously easy to put together, super tasty, and even reheated well when my husband missed dinnertime thanks to a meeting with a client. I would fully recommend this recipe, two thumbs up! Even Baby liked it, which was awesome. He has a thing for eating meat with "special sauce," and given that this was doused in "special sauce," he was quite thrilled. So much so that he didn't even eat all of his garlic toast, which is terribly unusual for him. He's a big carb fan.

I used Pepperidge Farm Hearty White bread for my garlic toast. I love that bread. It's so tasty and makes wonderful homemade breadcrumbs. It was perfect for this garlic toast. I was also able to get my hands on a barbecue flavored rotisserie chicken, which probably added to the awesome flavor of this dish. This will definitely be a recipe I use again, especially on a busy night!





BBQ Chicken on Garlic Toast
adapted from Everyday Food

1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
1 1/2 cups (14 ounces) bottled barbecue sauce
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
Coarse salt and ground pepper
8 slices white sandwich bread

Directions
1. Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a medium saucepan, cook chicken and barbecue sauce over medium until heated through, 6 to 8 minutes
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine butter and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Spread one side of each slice of bread with garlic butter. Place on a baking sheet, buttered side up. Broil until golden brown, 1 to 3 minutes, then turn over, and broil until light brown, about 1 minute longer.
3. To serve, sandwich chicken mixture between slices of bread.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy! I love Rotisserie chicken. I'm going to try this for sure.

Dumb Mom said...

That does look easy. Not easy, getting my dudes to eat it. I feel like the are categorically opposed to sandwiches that don't feature peanut butter as their main ingredient.

Colleen said...

Mmmmm, looks yummy! Are you still keeping up with your personal training?

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Yum! that looks SO good!!

The Double Dipped Life said...

So yummy and so simple! I love using rotisserie for simple recipes!

Stopping by from SITS!

Julie from JulieChats said...

That sounds so yummy! And if my 20 mo old would eat it, I'd make it every night!

Have a great week! I'm out today leaving comments for all the people whose buttons I have on my blog.

Come over & check out my blog, I was honored this week & I'm excited to share the news! http://juliechats.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, this sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing it!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails