Sunday, October 25, 2009

Swine Flu Quarantine Day Two


There's a reason why they call it being stir crazy. I think we're all getting on each other's nerves at this point. The munchkin has been pretty irritable today thus far, he's had several fits over various and sundry things, like wanting to go for a walk around the neighborhood, then refusing to go with Daddy alone (because obviously Mommy doesn't need a break), then getting furious when we came home from our twenty minute walk around the neighborhood. Teeth brushing was also quite an ordeal this morning. He seems to be just having a really hard time expressing or deciding what he wants, and it's just as frustrating for us as it is him.

Then there was the fact that he was awake well before I was this morning - I got up around 5:45, flipped on the monitor, and sure enough, there he was, rolling around. Who knows what time he actually woke up, he fell right to sleep when we put him to bed at 7 last night (whereas he usually takes at least 45 minutes to settle down for sleep). I'm about to put him down for a nap, and hopefully it will be longer than yesterday's pathetic hour and a half. He certainly needs the sleep.

He still positively hates taking all the medicine he's on, but he hates the numbing ear drops for his ear infection the most. They require him to lay on his side, with the affected ear facing upward, both while the drops are put into the ear and then for a period afterward, none of which he's interested in. We've started to turn the TV on while we do this, which helps, but it certainly doesn't make the process easy.

I only wish there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Some kind of indication that he's getting better. That he's not just medicated to a point where he can function. And some kind of indication as to when it will be safe again for any of us to leave the house. I truly, truly despise all this uncertainty. Totally not something I enjoy, as I'm sure you guys well know. On the bright side, I will be posting a recipe tomorrow, so we will be starting to get back to normal in that respect. Wish me luck, bloggy friends!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

My son (13) just got over the H1N1 virus. He came down with it a week ago (Sat.) He had three days of fever and a whole week of missed school. He's finally feeling better. Hope everything goes okay for your little one. It's never fun for mom's when our kids are sick.

Frugal Vicki said...

Oh, I hate that stir crazy feeling. our whole family has a cold and we are driving one another nuts. Then, the second one person gets better, the first one gets sick again. i hope your family gets better soon!

kyooty said...

Hoping this is the path to back to normal

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails