Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Swine Flu Quarantine Day Four


Baby has watched more television in the last four days than he has in his entire life. I've been pretty strict about TV, because he gets so sucked into TV show - always has - so we try to avoid it as much as possible. But, these last few days, he's just so...drained. He isn't napping well, at all - Husband thinks, and he might be right, that his fever seems to spike during naptime, and that wakes him up. His longest swine flu nap thus far I think was about an hour. Normally, he naps for two to three hours, so he's positively exhausted in the afternoon. Tonight he was falling asleep before he even hit the crib mattress.

Today, we watched "Cars" and "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." He was totally bored by "Cars," but captivated by "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh," because he knows the characters very well. In fact, he sleeps every night with a stuffed Pooh from the Disney Store.

Husband came up with a brilliant idea to help Baby feel a little better - Skype. My best friend's daughter is Baby's best friend, and the two of them are very much missing each other. Husband thought they would get a huge kick of seeing each other through Skype. Unfortunately, my best friend does not currently have a webcam, but I do have to give Husband brownie points for effort on this idea.

Baby's still running a fever, so it looks like we've got at least one more day of quarantine. Yay. Can you feel my excitement? I don't know that any of us can take much more of this. I sure hope this is over soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry your baby is sick. i hope he feels better soon.

ps- i'm a new follower.

La Mere Joie said...

Hope your baby feels better soon! That is horrible! BTW, a bit OCD and a huge Martha complex here too... Stopping by from SITS.

kyooty said...

how many more days will you be stuck?

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I totally heart comments, they make me smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails